Sorb's Forum
Sorb's Forum
Sorb's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorb's Official Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan246
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 103

Character sheet
Warnings:
IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ Left_bar_bleue0/3IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ Empty_bar_bleue  (0/3)

IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ Empty
PostSubject: IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ   IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 am

Official Forum Rules are displayed at the "Forum Rules"

Rules of the ChatBox

As you may have noticed, the ChatBox (CB) is now opened. Here are a few rules to respect.

What you must NOT do :

* Advertising a forum
► Permanent ban from the Chatbox.
* Advertising a website (Giving a link without a good reason is not allowed)
► Ban from the ChatBox, the duration will be chosen by the moderator..
* Threats
► Permanent ban from the CB, and member warned, or banned from the forum depending on the severity of the charges
* Support (asked directly or link given to a topic of the support forum)
► Warning, and if committed again ban from the ChatBox for a duration chosen by the moderator (48h for example).
* Use of SMS language
► Ban from the CB in case of abuse for a duration chosen by the moderator.
* Flood
* Speaking in another language than English (As we can't check what you say, this represents a potential risk for us)

If you notice someone doesn't respect these rules above :
Take a screenshot (see the tutorial How to take a screen shot) of the messages that don't respect the rules in the ChatBox and contact a Global Mod by PM :

Title of your message : ChatBox rules not respected
The message itself :
Member : Indicate the username of the member who doesn't respect the rules
Reason : Indicate which rule(s) the member hasn't respected
Screen : Give the link to the screen shot you've taken.

Important : only people with the @ can moderate the chatbox.

New Warning system in place

As some of you may be noticing right now; we've just put in place a new Warning system.

This system is simply an add-on to the pre-existing one. As I mentionned in my last notice to members, we informed that we'd be adding a tag in the Personalised Profiles; Warning Level.
All members will be able to know to what extent and how many warnings they've received. As usual, my P.M box is open for any querries concerning past warnings Wink

The tags are as follows:
No warnings, clean sheet
One warning (or 3 reminders)
2 warnings
Serious Warning
Banned (3 warnings, or 2 Serious Warnings or 1 Serious Warning + 1 warning)

Note that reminders aren't included here as they're not official warnings Wink

Also, we can't go through every pre-existing profile. We therefore ask you acknowledge the fact that not all previously warned members will have their profile marked accordinly. We can only guarantee that this is the new system from now on.

Recent events have pushed me to post the following reminder aout the Report System in use here.

First all, allow meto remind everyone what the Report System is meant to serve for:
It has been implanted in the lights that if the Staff misses something that needs immediate attention, then members who notice it can lend ahand and report it.

Now to buisness...
A few members, they should recognise themselves, have litterally been attacking this system. We're currently receiving reports by the dozen ranging from something wev'e just taken care of to completely useless reports.
Also, the reports are not a means of moderating other members. By this I mean that it isn't in need of immediate attention if someone double posts. It's against the rules, but last we checked, the Staff was still competant enough to take care of these Wink

We're therefore asking that you please use the Report System with care: Does it need to be done? Is it in need of immediate attention? I not, please refrain from sending in a report.

We've decided that as of now, abusive reports will lead to reminders at first, then warnings. Also, members who're warned about sending abusive reports will see themselves in the inaptitude of sending further reports.

I'd personally like to take this moment to thank those who use the Report System correctly. It helps us loads, especially when we're running low on times and tend to miss out some stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://ryanchobotshelp.blogspot.com

IMPORANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sorb's Forum :: Fourm :: Forum Official Things-
Jump to: